Activity Streams is a way of modeling social actions which improves the performance of human beings interpreting shared information and making decisions.
The Activity Streams data structure focuses on:
- Providing an up to date digest of important information narrated via the reader's social graph.
- Optimizing for human consumption by utilizing multiple mediums in a clean fashion
- Producing a cycle of engagement. As reactions to activities occur, those also become part of the stream
- activitystrea.ms is a standard used to convey what people are doing around the web
- Defines a set of concepts and vocabulary
- Can be used with Atom, RSS or JSON
Activity Streams on Atom
Activity Streams on JSON
- Notes from Kevin Marks
- Paul Tarjan from FB considers using for Facebook to auto refresh news about the objects in the graph using og:feed
- OWFa Agreement is getting signed for v1