- Lack of topic URLs. Some notifications can only be pushed and there is no way to GET a list of them at a later time. MySpace had the same issue with the firehose. There was no url for it.
- One other issue that needs a little bit more work in PubSubHubbub was batching. The current recommendation relies on HTTP Keep-Alives or Atom Feeds.
- Give every resource a (topic) URL
- Use OAuth 2.0 for subscription authorization
- Move hub discovery to the HTTP Response Headers
Attendees seem to agree that this is beneficial so we are moving forward with presenting this to the PubSubHubbub mailing list.
Here are the initial changes to the specification:
I didn't want to put them in the same repo until we got feedback from the mailing list